Mold is a type of fungus that thrives in damp places, it can potentially grow almost anywhere moist conditions exist. It can grow indoors on wet or damp surfaces, such as wallpaper, ceiling tiles, carpets, insulation material, wood and drywall. Mold can start to grow within 48 hours. In favorable conditions, if left unchecked it can have serious impacts on both your health and your home’s physical structure. If you see signs of mold or suspect that it has infected your home, don’t hesitate to reach out to us, we’re here to help remediate the problem and prevent long-term damage.
If left unattended it can cause health problems for people who come in contact, also causing serious structural damage to your property. Unfortunately, a simple cleaning is not a solution, and professional mold remediation is needed to eliminate it. Out of all the possible contaminants out there few are as silent but dangerous as mold. Indoor mold contamination is dangerous to inhale and can be seriously harmful for someone with asthma, and allergies to mold resulting in a severe reaction. Those who are immune compromised or those with chronic lung disease may get infections in their lungs from mold.
Many waterfront properties are affected by mold causing some prime real estate to lose its value due to mold damages. Mold contamination has also become an increasingly pressing concern for businesses of all sizes. Often mold occurs following water damage and if restoration was not done properly, mold can start to grow quickly. This is another reason mold and water restoration should be left to a professional.
Here at South Shore Cleaning and Restoration Inc., we take a methodical and systematic approach to carefully identify the source of the mold growth and help eliminate mold from your work or home environment. With more than 25 years of experience in the mold remediation industry, we have done it all from large projects including schools, nursing homes and hospitals to residential attics and basements.
- Yes, we work with insurance companies — we are trained in their specialized billing process.
- To reduce the stress of your situation we offer to work with your insurance adjuster. After signing our contact we can take the process into our hands.
- Locally owned and operated with over 25 years of experience
- Contact us today!
South Shore Cleaning and Restoration Inc. is a full service restoration company. With our 24/7 emergency service covering Barnstable, Bristol, Norfolk and Plymouth Counties, you can rely on us to respond promptly to your restoration needs. Whether you need mold, water, or fire restoration, our team of specialists can help you through any restoration needs. Contact us today for a free estimate. (888) 585-9838, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mold is a microscopic fungus that is part of the natural environment and necessary for our ecosystem. While it is necessary in the outdoor world, too much mold inside a structure can be dangerous. Mold produces spores as part of its lifecycle, and these spores float through the air both inside and outside.
There are many different types of mold that can invade your home or business. To find the exact type it needs to be biologically tested. There are certain signs to look for when trying to identify the toxicity of the mold, such as color, texture and consistency. While mold in your home or business is unpleasant, it can be dangerous for your health. Aside from being a nuisance, the main reason why mold in your home or business is a problem is that it can cause lots of health problems, including respiratory problems, allergies and more.
Depending on the condition of the mold, it can be removed with simple cleaning. General contractors are not a specialist in mold remediation, and do not have specialized equipment to remove mold. That is why when you find mold it is important to hire trained professionals in the removal of mold. At SSCR we are trained to professionally remove the mold, and will help you get your home or business back to its original state.
If you find mold in your home or business on many different surfaces, including on building materials, attics, basements, etc. It is important to remember that some items in your home or business may need to be replaced. This is why it is important to hire trained and experienced professionals to remove the affected areas.
Mold can have a distinctive odor, and you can also see visible mold growth. If mold does become an issue in your home or business you may start to experience health problems. Indoor mold contamination is dangerous to inhale and can be seriously harmful for someone with asthma, and allergies to mold resulting in a severe reaction. Those who are immune compromised or those with chronic lung disease may get infections in their lungs from mold.
It is better to remove mold as soon as possible. Mold can grow extremely fast in favorable conditions and without knowing if mold is toxic or not it is very dangerous to live around mold.